Now the weather is warming up, we spend more time in our backyards with friends and family.
It’s the perfect time to take a minute or two to ensure your backyard swimming pool is safe for children.
Royal Life Saving Australia is targeting every home pool owner with a basic reminder to check, fix and maintain their home pool.
- Must open outwards from pool
- Must be self closing and self latching
- Must latch shut on the first swing
- Secure and in good working order
- At least 1.2m high
Around the pool fence
- Store pool aids and toys securely and out of view
- Objects that could be used to climb the fence should be removed from the area
- Have a resuscitation sign prominent in pool area
- Learn CPR
- Store securely, out of children’s view and reach
For a detailed checklist please visit https://www.royallifesaving.com.au/