Are you feeling stressed? With one in three people suffering from stress and one in five Australians currently on stress related medication, you are certainly not alone. However there may be a solution, Hydrotherapy.
Hydrotherapy is the use of water for therapy, and is based on its mechanical and thermal effects. It uses the bodies reaction to hot and cold stimulation, the application of heat, pressure exerted by water jets and the sensation of our bodies in water. Having a swimming pool that has massage jets installed can not only be an effective activity to improve overall health but to also aid the bodies underlying affects occurring from stress.
Jets and water turbulence are great for an all over massage for our bodies. The warm water increases our body temperature, the bubbling of air increases our circulation, and the water jets provide a strong massage which is great for sore feet, aching backs and stiff necks.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy:
- Dramatically increases the elimination of waste which assists in detoxification
- Loosens tense, tight muscles and encourages total body relaxation
- Increases an individuals metabolic rate and digestion activity
- Hydrates cells which improves skin and muscle tone
- Boosts the immune system, allowing it to function more efficiently
- Improves the function of the internal organs by stimulating their blood supply
- Hydrotherapy has been proven to help relieve acne, arthritis, colds, sleep disorders and more.